Jerk-Spiced Chicken Drumettes with Mango Chutney
From the Caribbean Pavilion at Epcot®
Makes 20 drumettes
Jerk-spiced Chicken Drumettes Ingredients:
20 chicken drumettes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mango Chutney Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups diced mangos (about 2 small mangos)
1/2 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 small hot chile peppers, membrane and seeds removed, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 medium onion)
1/2 red bell pepper, membrane and seeds removed, diced
Jerk-spiced Chicken Drumettes Preparation:
1. Rub drumettes with vegetable oil. Place in gallon zip lock bag; set aside.
2. Mix garlic powder, thyme, allspice, black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt in small bowl. Add to bag with drumettes; seal and massage to cover drumettes in jerk spice. Marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 15 x 10-inch baking sheet with foil.
4. Place marinated drumettes on baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
Mango Chutney Preparation:
1. Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes or until mixture thickens. Cool and serve with jerk-spiced drumettes. Leftover chutney can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
What to drink: Fruity Belgian Golden Ale with hints of pear, orange, and apple with bits of spice are refreshing with these drummettes.